Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28541 Discussions

Intel Parallel Debugger Extension Exception 1

jirina
New Contributor I

Right after I start debugging my console, 32-bit application. I get an error "First-chance exception at 0x7515c41f (KernelBase.dll) in MyApp.exe: 0xA1A01dB1: Intel Parallel Debugger Extension Exception 1". I can continue debugging, but I would like to know if this error can affect my application and its debugging.

I use Intel(R) Visual Fortran Compiler XE 13.0.0.089 [IA-32] in Visual Studio 2010 Professional SP1 on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
The Parallel Debugger Extension was removed from the Composer XE 2013 product - it sounds as if some part of the feature was left installed. You should be able to disable the Parallel Debugger Extension in the menus (I don't have a version with that installed so am not sure how to do that). Or, assuming you still have the 12.x compiler also installed, you can uninstall that and then reinstall (if you want) - that should take care of it.
0 Kudos
jirina
New Contributor I
I don't have the 12.x compiler installed, I only use the latest version of 13 - I uninstalled everything related to Intel Fortran (compiler 13 and VTune Amplifier) and installed compiler 13 update 1. I still get the annoying message when I start the debugger. I tried option 2. suggested here http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/unhandled-exceptions-when-debugging-openmp-applications/ , but with no success. Is there any cleaner I could try to clean the system after uninstalling all Intel Fortran related products to make sure I don't have anything left from the Parallel Debugger Extension feature? Could it be that there is something wrong with Visual Studio? (I really don't want to reinstall it).
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I'll ask.
0 Kudos
John_D_9
Beginner

I'm having the same problem, and it seems to be a problem with recent installs, not just old installs.

Whenever I run my x64 application in debug via Visual Studio 2010, I get a popup "First-chance exception at 0x000007fefcbd940d (KernelBase.dll) in myRenamedExecutable.exe: 0xA1A01DB1: Intel Parallel Debugger Extension Exception 1."  I click ignore and everything works normally after that.

I looked in VS 2010 Tools > Extension Manager and and there are no Intel items available to uninstall, even though Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2015 and Intel Fortran Composer XE 2011 show under various Visual Studio menus.  The problem only started to occur when I installed VTune_Amplifier_XE_2015, and did not occur when just  Intel Fortran Composer XE 2011 was installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Try this. Run the Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE install, select change/modify, and deselect the option for the Parallel Debugger Extension, then complete the update.

0 Kudos