Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 Beta has Started!

Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

The beta test for Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016, including Intel Fortran Compiler XE 16.0, has begun. For more details, a FAQ and a registration link, see Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2016 Beta

Major Fortran features supported in this release are:

• Submodules from Fortran 2008
  • IMPURE ELEMENTAL from Fortran 2008
  • "Further Interoperability with C" features from TS29113 (Fortran 2015 draft)

For more details see the release notes. Please use Intel Premier Support for any problems you encounter, rather than this forum. If you have questions about Fortran language features, you can ask them in this forum.

Please note that the compiler in the initial beta version was built a couple of weeks ago and doesn't include all of the fixes you may have seen described as "fixed in a release later this year".

The remainder of this post will be kept updated on "things you should know" about the beta.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Fortran 90 array syntax becomes more competitive on Intel(r) Xeon Phi (even my very old one) in this version.  It seems reliable (not always the case for initial beta versions).  Default installation paths are much changed.

0 Kudos
Edgardo_Doerner

Well, I started testing the beta on Friday and I found a performance improvement in my codes with ifort (something around ~5%) so it is a good start, hehehe.

0 Kudos
Patrice_l_
Beginner

Hi,

Where should i submit a bug report for the beta ? My code doesn't compile with this release.

Thanks.

Pat.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

The beta instructions ask you to use Intel Premier Support to submit all problems.

0 Kudos