Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28482 Discussions

Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 fails to install

Gary_G_
Beginner

Trying to install Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 on a Gentoo cluster and getting the following error. Any one have thoughts as to what might be going on?

---

Step 6 of 7 | Installation
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Each component will be installed individually. If you cancel the installation,
some components might remain on your system. This installation may take several
minutes, depending on your system and the options you selected.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Installing Intel(R) MPI Library, Runtime Environment for applications running on
Intel(R) 64 Architecture component... done
Installing Intel(R) MPI Library, Runtime Environment for applications running on
Intel(R) Many Integrated Core Architecture component... done
Installing Intel Fortran Compiler for Intel(R) 64 component... done
Installing Intel MKL core libraries for Intel(R) 64 component... done
Installing Intel(R) Xeon Phi(TM) coprocessor support component... done
Installing Fortran 95 interfaces for BLAS and LAPACK for Intel(R) 64
component... done
Installing GNU* Compiler Collection support for Intel(R) 64 component... done
Installing Cluster support for Intel(R) 64 component... done
Installing Intel DAAL for Intel(R) 64 component... done
Installing GDB Eclipse* Integration on Intel(R) 64 (Provided under Eclipse
Public License v.1.0) component... done
Installing Source of GDB Eclipse* Integration (Provided under Eclipse Public
License v.1.0) component... done
Installing GNU* GDB 7.8 on Intel(R) 64 (Provided under GNU General Public
License v3) component... done
Finalizing product configuration...
/tmp/psxe_staging/parallel_studio_xe_2016_composer_edition_for_fortran/./pset/32e/install: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/libcurl.so: undefined symbol: SSL_CTX_set_next_proto_select_cb

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

I do not know what this error is. I have not found any similar reports of that.

Can you determine whether the installation was impacted?  Does it appear complete?

I will also send you private reply to see whether we can obtain some installation logs from your system that might help our installation developers gain some insight into the error. Please standby.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Thank you for the logs. I reported the issue to the Installation Developers for further analysis and will keep you informed about what I hear back.

(Internal tracking id: DPD200376096)

(Resolution Update on 06/15/2016): This defect is fixed in the Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2016 Update 2 Release (PSXE 2016.2.062 / CnL 2016.2.181 - Linux)

0 Kudos
Christoph_I_
Beginner

Hallo,

this is a quite old post but I got the same error message! Did you resolve the issue?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Our developers believe the issue was fixed in the PSXE 2016 Update 2 (released earlier this year) by the newer install component in that release. They were only able to verify the issue was not reproducible on RHEL as we do not support/nor have Gentoo available for confirmation.

Are you also using Gentoo?  And what release did you see the error with?

0 Kudos