Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28602 Discussions

Intel(R) Fortran Compiler for Intel(R) EM64T-based, Installation Failed

sistemas
Beginner
Any Idea?? Any Solution?

Processing Intel Fortran Compiler for Intel EM64T-based applications, Version 9.1 (9.1.039)

Values in [...] are the default values.
You can just hit the Enter key where you want to use the default values.

Where do you want to install to? Specify directory starting with '/'. [/opt/intel/fce/9.1.039] :

What rpm install options would you like? [-U --replacefiles --force] :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Intel Fortran Compiler for Intel EM64T-based applications, Version 9.1 (9.1.039)
Installing...
Installation failed. ------> ERROR <-------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Testing Fortran compiler ...
./.././data/install_fc.sh: Cannot find ifort compiler in /opt/intel/fce/9.1.039/bin

======================================================================
Thank you for choosing to install "Intel Fortran Compiler 9.1.039 for Linux*"
Please enter your email address to get your registered license
and signup for support services.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Not enough information to tell what the problem is. Have you in fact installed the 32-bit glibc libraries as stated in the installation guide?

If you need further help, please file an issue with Intel Premier Support.

0 Kudos
sistemas
Beginner
I was installed a version of evaluation of the Fortran compiler, now, on having acquired a license of payment, gives me problems on having installed it like I have exhibited in the previous post "the installation fails".
I have sent a mail to the support in order that they give me a solution but today, continue without solving it.

Sorry!! My English is not good :S

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Your English is better than my Spanish...

Try this. Delete any .dat files in /opt/intel/licenses and delete the entire /opt/intel/fce directory. Now try the install again.

0 Kudos
sistemas
Beginner
Thanks!

I was trying that, but I haven't had good luck :(

The installation only fails for EM64, with 32bits the installation is correct.
Is like it was trumping for some motive, but the script of installation doesn't indicate it.
Can I need any library?

The machines where the compiler is going to be installed are Intel Xeon of 64 bits.

I am tired of this problem, I don't find solution!! :S Please help me!

Thank you very much!
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
You need the 32-bit gcc libraries installed. Some x64 Linux distributions include them, some do not and you have to reconfigure the Linux install to add them. Please read the compiler Installation Guide for more information.
0 Kudos
sistemas
Beginner
Thank you!

With the indications of the last post, I managed to solve it.
Though my machine is of 64 bits, there are necessary the libraries of 32 bits in order that the installation does not fail.

0 Kudos