Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28498 Discussions

Intel Software Tools Technical Webinar Series

Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

These free technical webinars cover tips and techniques that will help sharpen your development skills to create faster, more reliable applications. Technical experts will cover topics ranging from vectorization, code migration, code optimization, using advanced threading techniques (e.g., OpenMP 4.0, Intel® Cilk™ Plus, Intel® TBB), and error checking. Bring programming questions to the live session for our technical experts to answer. A replay of each webinar will be available shortly after the live session so you can share with those unable to attend the live session.

See http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-software-tools-technical-webinar-series for more information and to register.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
FortranFan
Honored Contributor II

Steve,

Thanks much for bringing this to the attention of forum readers - I was indeed wondering recently whether Intel had decided to discontinue the webinars!  A suggestion and a wish:

• For those of us who are registered on the Intel Developer Zone and have filled in our details (phone number, e-mail, locale, organization, etc.), can the registration process be simplified, say perhaps as cool as 1-click?  I just registered myself for several seminars and had to enter the same information over and over again.
  • My wish would be for this series of webinars on Inspector, VTune Analyzer, TBB, etc. to include content and examples based on "modern" Fortran as well, especially Fortran 2003 and 2008 features.  I felt the past series were mostly based on C and C++ and if any Fortran was covered, it was mainly FORTRAN 77 type of code, sometimes in free-form source format.  Even though I personally learnt a few things from C, C++ examples, but I can see many Fortran coders not exactly feeling "first-class" as they listen to these webinars :-(  In fact, I wish Intel had a whole series of webinars on Advisor, Inspector, Analyzer, TBB, MKL, Visual Studio, etc. exclusively for Fortran coders, with heavy emphasis on features and functionalities of "modern" Fortran!  Is that something that you, as a Fortran evangelist at Intel, would care to champion?!
0 Kudos