Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

Intel Visual Fortran Compiler Issue with PSCAD

wcharlot
Beginner
Hi there..

I just got PSCAD and I am not that familiar about but I made sure that I followed the step by step instruction of its installation. I also see to it that I read the guidelines which includes the dos and don'ts.

I have some little issue here using the Intel Visual Fortran Compiler and I don't know where to find a solution. I tried to run the sample simulation files in the tutorial and what I received is an error that says:

NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link.exe' : return code '0xc0000135'

under the Linking *.exe tab (* is the name of the file)

Here are my details:

Intel Visual Fortran Compiler v9.1
PSCAD v4.2.1 Student version
Windows XP Pro (SP3)

0 Kudos
5 Replies
rwg
Beginner
Have you installed CYGWIN or any other software which comes with its own link.exe?

Open a console window and enter link.exe. If you don't get something like 'Microsoft Incremental Linker Version ....' the wrong linker is called. Search for the wronglink.exe and rename this file (if you don't need it) or make sure that the path to Microsofts link.exe is mentioned first in your PATH variable.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
The case of multiple link.exe installation may be dealt with by specifying the correct VS bin directory path in ifort.cfg in the compiler installation.
If you get a Microsoft style error code, it doesn't like like the cygwin link is involved.
0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
A similar problem was reported some time ago. The error messsage is a symptom of the linker not finding MSPDB.DLL, where nn is 80 or a similar version number. To get a clearer error message, make NMAKE display commands before issuing them, and issue the corresponding LINK command directly. If, indeed, the missing MSPDBnn.DLL is the cause, just make sure that the DLL is accessible through PATH.
0 Kudos
wcharlot
Beginner
Wow thanks guys. I solved the problem. You have been very helpful..all of you.
0 Kudos
masood_w_
Beginner

i installed Intel_Visual_Fortran_Compiler_Professional_11.1.060 to link matlab -pscad v4.2 my question is how i can change fortran compiler that used pscad to this compiler??

i really need this for project class

0 Kudos