Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26750 Discussions

Intel visual fortran can't find the Visual Studio on my computer

Bruno_L_
Beginner

Hi,

I am trying to use the VS 2017 but when I install the Intel Visual Fortran on my computer it says: " Intel® C++ Compiler will not work because none of the supported environments is found on your computer. Intel® C++ Compiler requires that Microsoft Visual Studio* / Microsoft Visual Studio Express Edition* 2012, 2013, 2015, or 2017, or Microsoft Windows SDK* for Windows* 8.0 should be already installed and none was found on your computer.".

However I have the Visual Studio Community 2017 installed on my computer. My OS is Windows 8.1.

Anyone have an idea of what I could do?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

Your title says Fortran but the message says C++. My guess is that when you installed VS2017 you didn't select its C++ component. See https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-c-fortran-compilers-for-windows-integration-into-microsoft-visual-studio-2017