Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Internal compiler error

James_Pearson
Beginner

I'm sorry to hijack this post - but I can't create a new forum topic (tried 3 different browsers - every time I get the error "Subject is required", (yes, I have a subject in the submitted form)).  (Perhaps a moderator can move this to it's own post)
Original post follows:

Compiling the attached code crashes the Intel FORTRAN compiler with error message:

1>fit_lookup: Line_seq_number 00000703 was not found
1>fortcom: Fatal: There has been an internal compiler error (C0000005).

I can get it to compile* by removing the first 3-4 comment lines in the API.CMN file.

Discovered in the 2013 version of the compiler, w_fcompxe_2013_sp1.3.202, I tested in the latest (w_comp_lib_2016.1.146) and it still crashes.  Note that I am using the compiler as integrated into MS Visual Studio 2013 (hence the attachment is a visual studio solution + project).

*Please note: once you remove the offending comment lines, the code will still fail to compile since I don't supply the linker (and other) dependencies, all I give here is enough to replicate the bug in the compiler.  Just want to give you guys some code to debug and fix with.

Didn't see where to report these types of issues on the Intel site, hopefully this forum is the correct place...?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Yeah, there is a forum problem. I can't even change the subject on this thread.

Thanks for the report - we'll check it out and get back to you.

0 Kudos
James_Pearson
Beginner

So weird, I left this as a comment on another post and it came up as it's own post/new topic?

When I try to edit the title to not say "Sorry I hijacked..." I get the same error as originally - e..g "Subject is required".  Arrggh :/

0 Kudos
James_Pearson
Beginner

Thanks Steve!

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I moved it to its own thread, but can't change the title. I reported the forum issues to the appropriate team. Now I'll look at your code.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Escalated as issue DPD200379625. The error also goes away if you turn off "Generated interface checking" or add a blank line before the first INCLUDE line in BLOWIN.FOR (which was the only source where I saw the problem.)

0 Kudos