Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28530 Discussions

Isn't Ryzen Amd cpu compatible with Intel oneapi tool kit?

Jack23
Beginner

photo_0-_1_.jpgphoto_0.jpg

This time, I started using a new Ryzen Amd cpu laptop. l'm trying to use Fortran with visual studio 2022. However, I tried to install intel oneapi based tool kit, but this is what i got. Is the Ryzen Amd cpu based computer not compatible with the intel oneapi tool kit?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Yes, a Ryzen CPU is compatible. The problem you're having is not related to the CPU. Try downloading the full installer as the message suggests. What I can see suggests that something on your system (perhaps an anti-malware package) prevented the download of one of the individual components.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Yes, a Ryzen CPU is compatible. The problem you're having is not related to the CPU. Try downloading the full installer as the message suggests. What I can see suggests that something on your system (perhaps an anti-malware package) prevented the download of one of the individual components.

0 Kudos
Jack23
Beginner

Thank you for answer. Do you happend to know the full installer link? I'm not sure about that. Also, I heard that the files is not downloaded due to the anti-malware package,but i couldn't find an answer even when i googled about this. Do you know how to solve this? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Jack23
Beginner

Thank you for answer. Do you happend to know the full installer link? I'm not sure about that. Also, I heard that the files is not downloaded due to the anti-malware package,but i couldn't find an answer even when i googled about this. Do you know how to solve this? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel
Employee

Buried in the Fortran DGR (Developer Guide and Reference), in the x/Qx compiler option:

Compiling the main program with any of the code values produces binaries that display a fatal runtime error if they are executed on unsupported processors, including all non-Intel processors.

Compiler options -march (Linux) and /arch (Windows) produce binaries that can be run on processors not made by Intel that implement the same capabilities as the corresponding Intel® processors.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

On the Fortran DGR page is a list 

Screenshot 2023-12-27 104435.png

Mont is mountain, lake is obvious, well is a bit unusual and bridge is understandable, why does Intel use geographic names that could not offend even the most modest soul?    

Further to Boxing Day as I await HPC to load, on BBC Radio 4 there was an interview with an old English Actor, who said that the difference between heaven and hell was the styrofoam cups that are used in hell and New York.   

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor III

Yes I know but.....  maybe some people might not get that far after reading the second paragraph of the System "Requirements". Enough frivolity for one day I will do something useful now .

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

/QxHost should result in an instruction set selection that is best for the compiling processor, even if it is not Intel; this is an exception to the rule for /Qx.

Those system requirements are incorrect. There are certainly Intel processors supported not on that list, and AMD processors will work as well. For many years, AMD used Intel's compiler for its benchmarking, as it produced faster code for AMD than other compilers. (AMD currently has a project for an LLVM-based Fortran but it's not done yet.)

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Do you want just the Fortran compiler? If so, go to Intel® oneAPI standalone component installation files and in the left column select Compilers > Intel Fortran, and select the "offline" installer. If you want the full HPC Toolkit, go to Download the Intel® HPC Toolkit and select Offline Installer.

I was just guessing about what might be interfering with the component downloads, as some people have had this issue in the past.

0 Kudos