Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646

KMP_AFFINITY

Hongwei_Zhou
Beginner

Hi,

Does anyone know I can internally change KMP_AFFINITY in the sub-process invoked from my program?  My experiment shows it does not work with intel compiler but however it is under gcc compiler.

here is the example:

let's say I have KMP_AFFINITY=scatter, which is for my main process. Then inside main process before invoking another executable as the sub-process, putenv is used to modify KMP_AFFINITY=none for the sub-process.

is this supposed to work? my run shows the KMP_AFFINITY=none does not apply to the sub-process if intel compiler is used to compile and link my main program. but it is with gcc compiler.

when I double check the environment, in the sub-process, there is one extra environment variable for my exe with intel compiler

__KMP_REGISTERED_LIB_23907=0xacfa1d0-cafe8af0-libiomp5.a

what does this guy do and how to explain such difference? Thank you

Hongwei

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimP
Black Belt

Please explain whether you are discussing nested OpenMP; if so, why you didn't try appropriate OMP_PROC_BIND settings for the multiple levels.  Coming here with the same lack of specification which failed to satisfy you on stackoverflow is just wasting our time.