Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Latest version?

gfthomas8
Novice
I downloaed the latest (looks like 11.1) but I see references being made to 12.0. Am I missing something? I haven't installed 11.1 (or whatever it is) as I'm busy and I'm more concerned right now with renewing my licence as it's about to expire. Is it iso 2003 or 2008 ready?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
The current version is called Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2011. The compiler version is 12.1. The Intel Registration Center shows you the most recent version your license is good for.

For a list of Fortran 2003 and 2008 features supported, see this.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
The article Steve points to has an important list of the options which have to be set for f2003 compliance, most of them desirable. The one annoying (to me) exception is that the f2003 compliance option for MAXLOC/MINLOC inhibits vectorization.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Lest Tim's words be misinterpreted - the article lists options which are required to be set for cases where the Intel compiler defaults do not comply with Fortran 2003. The compiler does not yet fully support all F2003 features, though it is close. The major exceptions are parameterized derived types and user-defined derived type I/O.
0 Kudos