Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28480 Discussions

License problem - could not checkout FLEXlm license

Leonardo_Rese
Beginner

We have a license for Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran Windows valid until version 2011 update 11.

We performed a new installation on another computer. The installation was successful but when we try to compile a Fortran file we get the following error messages:

Error: A license for FCompW is not available (-18,147).
  Make sure that a license file is being used that contains a license
  for the requested feature.  If your license requires a license server,
  make sure that the server is using the right license file (usually,
  this would be the same license file that is being used by this
  application), and make sure that you have not changed the license
  file since starting the server.
  License file(s) used were (in this order):
      1.  Trusted Storage
      2.  C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses\COM_W__CPPFOR_xxxx_xxxxxxxx.lic
      3.  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\Licenses
      4.  C:\PROGRA~2\Intel\COMPOS~1\bin\ia32\*.lic
  Please visit http://software.intel.com/sites/support/ if you require technical assistance.
  ifort: error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license

The license file COM_W__CPPFOR_xxxx_xxxxxxxx.lic was received by e-mail and employed during the installation. Even so it did not compile. However previous installation are working fine.

Would you please assist us to find out what is the cause of the above problems?

Thanks in advance,

Miguel and Leonardo  

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

What is the exact version you installed on the other computer? (I removed the serial number from your post as that is private information.)

Please do this:

• Open a Fortran Command Prompt window
  • Set default (CD) to a writable folder
  • Type: SET INTEL_LMD_DEBUG=ifortlog.txt
  • Type: ifort /c /logo
  • Use "Send author a message" to send me a private message and attach the ifortlog.txt created. Please also copy and paste all the output from the ifort command

This will help me understand the problem.

I note that this is a floating license, yet I don't see in the output you showed so far that it contacted a license server. The .lic file in the Licenses folder should have a USE_SERVER line it it similar to that on the system where it works.

0 Kudos