Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Licensing?

Thomas_L_2
Beginner

I had a horrific hard drive crash wipe out my Intel Fortran Compiler Installation (and everything else).

When I went back to the site to see about reinstalling it, the page tells me my license has expired (just barely) and I need to renew.  It's hard to tell from the spaghetti web page design, but it seems like it is many hundreds of dollars again.  I might be wrong, because it is hard to negotiate that web page and find a clear story.

As this is just a personal license for me (I'm not a business or a corporation, just an engineer who likes to play around in his own time), buying the product was extremely painful because of the cost.  And I'm disinclined to renew if I'm going to have to pay half of what I originally paid for the package to "renew".  I apparently didn't read the licensing agreement carefully enough, because I wouldn't have plopped down $800 if I knew I'd have to plop down another $300-400 in a year or two.

Am I missing or misinterpreting something?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

It's support that you could renew - the ability to get new versions and use Intel Premier Support. You don't have to pay to keep using the version you had before. When you log in to the Intel Registration Center it will show you the latest version your license is eligible for and from there you can download and install it.

Support renewals are less if you renew before the support expires.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I looked up your license and you can install and use any version of the product released before December 28, 2012. That will get you at least the initial release of Visual Fortran Composer XE 2013. Please see How do I download and install an older version? for instructions on how to get this to recognize your license.

0 Kudos
Thomas_L_2
Beginner

Great, thanks Steve!  Indeed it was a December 28, 2012 version.  Appreciate your help!

0 Kudos
Thomas_L_2
Beginner

OK, I've been battling this for well over an hour, and simply cannot get this package installed.  I cannot figure out how to get the required Microsoft Visual Studio versions and components pre-installed acceptably for my Intel Compiler 2011 to stop complaining.

Are there some step-by-step suggestions on how to deal with this?  My particular problem is that I don't know where to find the appropriate combination of Visual Studio version and all the additional required add-ons (C++ and X64).

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

You have to make sure that the Visual Studio components are installed first. We provide two types of download (at least in that version), with and without Visual Studio Shell. If you downloaded the version without the shell, then you'd get errors if you didn't already have a supported VS installed.

What is the filename of the installer EXE you downloaded? You want the one that does NOT have "novsshell", "ia32" or "intel64" in its filename. This will install the Visual Studio 2010 Shell and then install the compiler.

0 Kudos