Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Link error

Rodrigues__Pedro
Beginner

Hello

I am trying to build PETSc inside a fortran project. And after hard work I got this:

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'PETScFORTRAN', configuration 'Debug|x64'.
Compiling with Intel(R) Visual Fortran Compiler XE 14.0.2.176 [Intel(R) 64]...
ifort /nologo /debug:full /Od /fpp /I"C:\Program Files\PETSc for Windows\PETSc\include" /I"C:\Program Files\PETSc for Windows\PETSc\include\finclude" /I"C:\Program Files\PETSc for Windows\PETSc\include\finclude\ftn-auto" /I"C:\Program Files\PETSc for Windows\PETSc\include\finclude\ftn-custom" /I"C:\Program Files\PETSc for Windows\PETSc\c-debug_icl_mkl\include" /I"C:\Program Files\PETSc for Windows\PETSc\include\mpiuni" /DWINDOWS /warn:interfaces /module:"x64\Debug\\" /object:"x64\Debug\\" /Fd"x64\Debug\vc110.pdb" /traceback /check:bounds /check:stack /libs:static /threads /dbglibs /winapp /c /extfor:F /Qvc11 /Qlocation,link,"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\VC\\bin\amd64" "C:\Users\Pedro\Desktop\fortran_test\PETScFORTRAN\ex14f.F"
Linking...
Link /OUT:"x64\Debug\PETScFORTRAN.exe" /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO /LIBPATH:"C:\Program Files\PETSc for Windows\PETSc\c-opt_icl_mkl\lib" /LIBPATH:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft HPC Pack 2008 R2\Lib\amd64\\" /LIBPATH:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft MPI\Lib\amd64" /LIBPATH:"C:\Program Files\PETSc for Windows\lib\intel64" /LIBPATH:"c:\Program Files\PETSc for Windows\PETSc\externalpackages\libs\\" /NODEFAULTLIB:"LIBCMT.lib" /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:"C:\Users\Pedro\Desktop\fortran_test\PETScFORTRAN\x64\Debug\PETScFORTRAN.exe.intermediate.manifest" /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /DEBUG /PDB:"C:\Users\Pedro\Desktop\fortran_test\PETScFORTRAN\x64\Debug\PETScFORTRAN.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /IMPLIB:"C:\Users\Pedro\Desktop\fortran_test\PETScFORTRAN\x64\Debug\PETScFORTRAN.lib" advapi32.lib libpetsc.lib mkl_intel_lp64_dll.lib mkl_intel_thread_dll.lib mkl_core_dll.lib libiomp5md.lib msmpi.lib msmpifmc.lib  "x64\Debug\ex14f.obj"
Link: executing 'link'
libifcoremt.lib(for_main.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __intel_new_feature_proc_init referenced in function main
x64\Debug\PETScFORTRAN.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

PETScFORTRAN - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

How can this be fixed?

Help

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Lorri_M_Intel
Employee

Hi PR,

Your situation is not that bad, really.

You can ignore the messages about missing PDB files; that simply means that the system files do not contain any debugging information, and that's not a sruprise (nor is it a bad thing).

However, what is interesting is that you have had something bad happen with your program, and now it needs to be debugged.  From a previous log, it looks like you have one source file, ex14f?  You could try stepping through that source in the debugger to find the line in question.    The address looks suspiciously like a 32-bit / 64-bit variable mismatch, but you'll have to determine that.

Also, I can't tell from the log files, but are you building with all the run-time checking enabled?   That can help locate other issues.

--Lorri

0 Kudos
Rodrigues__Pedro
Beginner

the complete run:

'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Users\Pedro\Desktop\fortran_test\PETScFORTRAN3\x64\Debug\PETScFORTRAN.exe'. Symbols loaded.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\KernelBase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013 SP1\redist\intel64\mkl\mkl_intel_thread.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msmpi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\user32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\gdi32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\imagehlp.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\advapi32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013 SP1\redist\intel64\mkl\mkl_core.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013 SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\libiomp5md.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcr100.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\rpcrt4.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ws2_32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\secur32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcrt.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\sechost.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\nsi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\sspicli.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\imm32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msctf.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\guard64.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\psapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\version.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\fltLib.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ntmarta.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\NapiNSP.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\pnrpnsp.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\nlaapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\dnsapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\winrnr.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\wshbth.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\cryptbase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\bcryptprimitives.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\IPHLPAPI.DLL'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\winnsi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\FWPUCLNT.DLL'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'PETScFORTRAN.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\rasadhlp.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
First-chance exception at 0x000007F6028B294E in PETScFORTRAN.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x000000004C7C51B0.
The thread 0x1294 has exited with code 59 (0x3b).
The program '[1100] PETScFORTRAN.exe' has exited with code 59 (0x3b).

thanks

0 Kudos
Rodrigues__Pedro
Beginner

Hi

I am sending a file with what I caught from command line run. PETSc reports a segmentation violation, related to memory allocation are access by some pointers. But solving this is beyond my knowledge.

0 Kudos