Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

New to Linux/Fortran compiling

cloneboysa
Beginner

I'm new to Linux and Fortran, so please bear with me.

I've been working with Compaq visual Fortran 6.6 for Windows, and have used that to create a program for a particular requirement. Now I need to transfer this program across to Linux. What are the steps I need to take to do so? I assume I need to recompile the program using the Linux compiler? What else do I need to do?

Also, I am running a dual Athlon 64 processor machine, with Fedora Core 3 installed. Is that suitable for the Intel Linux compiler?

Many thanks,
David

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
If the program does not have dependencies on Windows, then, yes, rebuilding using Intel Fortran for Linux should be sufficient. Please be sure to read the initial sections of the Building Applications manual and the Installation Guide and Release Notes for details on how to use the compiler.

Fedora Core 3 is not an officially supported distribution, but it should work. FC4 has some problems. The Athlon 64 system is supported.
0 Kudos
cloneboysa
Beginner
Thanks for the help. My programs use DFLIB, so I can use the command systemqq to pass instructions to the command line. I assume this means I have to modify the program? (Where could I find the info on what to replace it with?)

MAny thanks,
David
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
systemqq() is supported by recent Intel compilers. Look it up in lib_for.pdf. The more portable equivalent system() is there as well.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
system() would be the better choice as this is more portable. You may want to add a USE IFPORT to define the interface, but it is nor strictly required.
0 Kudos