Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

No Command Prompt

Brian_A_
Novice

I have installed IVF 2011 with Visual Studio.  I do not have the option for a command prompt.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor III

Hmm I was going to say you get it from the start menu but I just looked at my VS2010 (shell) installation and the vistual studio tools with cmd prompt aren't on the start menu! In my Vs2005 install the are on the start menu. Not sure what is happening there.....

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor III

The bat files that need to be set in a command prompt are to be found (in my install) at :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013\bin

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

The command prompt can be reached from the start menu,  Start > Intel Parallel Studio XE 201x > Command Prompt. There are shortcuts in there. I usually copy one to my desktop.

Microsoft removed the command prompt item from VS itself but that wouldn't do you any good for Fortran anyway.

0 Kudos
Brian_A_
Novice

Steve Lionel (Intel) wrote:

The command prompt can be reached from the start menu,  Start > Intel Parallel Studio XE 201x > Command Prompt. There are shortcuts in there. I usually copy one to my desktop.

Microsoft removed the command prompt item from VS itself but that wouldn't do you any good for Fortran anyway.

My 2013 version has the menu "Command Prompt" under the start menu, but 2011 does not.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

It should. I sugges uninstalling and reinstalling. Pay attention to any error messages displayed during the install.

0 Kudos