Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28520 Discussions

No syntax highlight for files loaded during debugging

IanH
Honored Contributor II

With the Visual Studio integration that came with the recent ifort 13 release, if a file is opened in Visual Studio while debugging as a result of a debugger action (a break point is hit, an access violation or similar, a double click on an entry in the call stack) and that file was not already opened in Visual Studio, it then displays without syntax highlighting.

To reproduce, create a new fortran project, add a new f90 source file, insert a skeleton main program with at least one executable statement, set a break point on that executable statement, save the source file, close the source file, select Debug > Start debugging.

(While creating this post I noticed that the Upload multiple files part of the page is being duplicated (identical content appears in two places down the bottom of the page)?)

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Thanks, we'll take a look at this.
0 Kudos
IanH
Honored Contributor II
Ta. I was over-specific with this - any view of a file (including Window > New Window on a previously opened file with syntax highlighting) that gets opened/created while the debugger is active lacks syntax highlighting. This is with VS2010. Disappointed the release notes don't describe the most important change with xe 2013 - the block comment facility has been fixed!! Hooray!! Gone are the days of accidentally commenting out one line too many...
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Thanks, I can reproduce this and have escalated it as issue DPD200236089. The release notes don't talk about bug fixes - that's what the "README" files at the Intel Registration Center are for.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I expect this to be fixed in Update 1 - but if not, Update 2.
0 Kudos