Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Not a valid win32 application

Wen_C_
Beginner

Hi, I use Visual Studio 2013, Intel XE 2015 Fortran,  I complied a program using release mode and win32 platform.  When I ran this program in a Windows XP computer, I got an error "program.exe is not a valid win32 application".  Can anyone help ?  The project property page is attached.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Wen_C_
Beginner

Steve,  Thanks, The only reason I am using Visual Studio 2013 is to use Intel Parallel Studio XE 2015 Fortran.  The only language I use is Fortran.  Can I compile the program using Intel Fortran only without Visual Studio ?  and how to do it ?  Thanks

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

You don't have to build the program in Visual Studio - you can do it from the command line, if you want. But debugging is in Visual Studio only.

To do it from the command line, open a Fortran build environment window using Start > Intel Parallel Studio XE 2015 > Compiler and Performance Libraries > Command Prompt with Intel Compiler XE 2015 > IA-32 (or Intel 64) Visual Studio 2013 mode.

The command to compile and link is "ifort". For example:

ifort myprog.f90

See the compiler documentation for more on using it from the command line. You will need to add:

/LINK /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE,"5.01"

to the end of the ifort command used to link if you want to run on XP.

0 Kudos