Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

OS upgrade

gib
New Contributor II
I am using IVF 11.0.072 on Windows XP, with VS2005. Soon I plan to move to Windows 7 (64-bit). Am I going to be able to use my existing IVF distribution (32-bit)? If not, will there be a free/cheap way to obtain a Windows 7-compatible compiler version?
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jugoslav_Dujic
Valued Contributor II
Yes, IVF 32-bit works flawlessly on Windows 7@64. That's the combination I'm currently using.
0 Kudos
gib
New Contributor II
Excellent! Thanks Jugoslav.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
You may download both ia32 and Intel64 copies of the compiler issued during the term of your license. VS2005 is supported on win7 64-bit by the sequence of service pack and Vista/win7 add-ons.
0 Kudos
gib
New Contributor II
What if the term of the license has terminated? I'm not sure what the license situation is - how do I find this out?
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
If you have the serial number and the credentials originally used to register, you should be able to find out at https://registrationcenter.intel.com Otherwise, ou should be able to get help on the companion licensing forum. You should be able to download any version issued priory to your expiration.
0 Kudos
gib
New Contributor II
I have the Compiler Suite, and my license expired 12 Feb 2009. I see that I can still download a 64-bit version of the C compiler 11.0.072, but in the case of Fortran there is 11.0.066 (available), and 11.0.075 (not available for me). What happened to .072?
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
While waiting for a more knowledgeable response, I'll offer the conjecture:
The missing version might have been removed on account of some regression. Other than that possibility, it seems unlikely that a very large difference could justify keeping all the old versions available. Did you check the past reports of requests for reinstatement of intermediate versions?
0 Kudos
Wendy_Doerner__Intel
Valued Contributor I
Yes 11.072 had a serious bug and had to be pulled. I can extend your license to allow you access to the next release (11.0.75). I will work with you on a private post to this thread to get your serial number.

------

Wendy

Attaching or including files in a post

0 Kudos