Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Open File crashes CVF

Christ_F_
Beginner

I have been running CVF for many years and am now making the transition to Intel Visual Fortran. Over the last few months, on both my laptop and office machines CVF has developed a problem in which it will simply close with an access error if I choose either FILE>OPEN or try to add files on the PROJECT>ADD TO PROJECT>FILES. I can drag files onto the CVF window. Both computers are multi-processor and both are running XP-Pro with all current updates. I have removed both compilers from one of the machines and cleaned the registry. I reinstalled CVF starting with Version 5 and found that the problem occurs only in Version 6.

I have been working at this for several months when I get a chance but with no success. Any help owuld be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Would I be correct in assuming that when you say "CVF" you mean the Microsoft Developer Studio IDE that is supplied by CVF? Do you have this problem with the newer Visual Studio and Intel Visual Fortran?

0 Kudos
Christ_F_
Beginner

Would I be correct in assuming that when you say "CVF" you mean the Microsoft Developer Studio IDE that is supplied by CVF? Do you have this problem with the newer Visual Studio and Intel Visual Fortran?

I have not seen it with the Intel compiler. I was concerned that the problem was a result of trying to run the Compaq and Intel products at the same time so on one machine I removed both, cleaned the registry and only installed the Developer Studiio product. The problem remained the same. Since I have been running CVF continuously since Power Station days on operatign system from NT to XP and since it happened on both machines my sense is that it is associated with an XP update.

I have seen references to a Developer Studio update but have foud nothing beyond the CVF updates through 6.6C3

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I have CVF and IVF installed simultaneously and I have never had a problem like this. 6.6C3 was the last update for CVF.

0 Kudos
Christ_F_
Beginner

I have CVF and IVF installed simultaneously and I have never had a problem like this. 6.6C3 was the last update for CVF.

Found program called "Dialog Helper" loading at startup. Preventing it from loading seems to have solved the problem. Thanks for your help. I had to get past the connection between this problem and my two compilers.

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

When I have (use to have) problems with solutions I sometimes found it necessary to create a new solution from scratch. This is easier when you have the app on more than one machine (you do). You can have the solution open on the other system.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos