Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Password rules

rase
New Contributor I

IWhen I signed on a few minutes ago I received the message that my password is going to expire soon. When I tried to enter a new password the message popped up that my new password is not compatible with the password rules.I was not able to find any information about valid characters in passwords on this website. What are valid passwords?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

I found the information in a rather hidden location: Go to https://software.intel.com/en-us/faq , and then expand "What are the Intel password guidelines?". You find:

The following password rules are for both the Registration Center and for Premier Support.

The password must be at least eight characters long, and can contain letters, numbers, and punctuation.
It must not exceed fourteen (14) characters.
It must contain at least one alpha character [a-z; A-Z], one numeric [0-9] and one special character [`! @$%^&*()-_=+[];:'",<.>/?].
It cannot contain spaces.
The password cannot be the same as any of your previous eight (8) passwords.
It cannot contain your login id.
It may not contain any of the following special characters: Asterisk (*) Comma (,) Backslash (\) Forward Slash (/).

It must not:

Be a name (your own, family members, pets, or famous people).
Be your social security number, driver's license number, passport number, or some other identification number.
Have repeating numbers, letters, or characters (111111, aaaaaa, !!!!!!).
Be a number or character combination that is next to each other on the keyboard (123456, asdfgh).
Be a dictionary word of any language.
Begin with an exclamation point (!) or question mark (?).
Have the same first three characters.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

I found the information in a rather hidden location: Go to https://software.intel.com/en-us/faq , and then expand "What are the Intel password guidelines?". You find:

The following password rules are for both the Registration Center and for Premier Support.

The password must be at least eight characters long, and can contain letters, numbers, and punctuation.
It must not exceed fourteen (14) characters.
It must contain at least one alpha character [a-z; A-Z], one numeric [0-9] and one special character [`! @$%^&*()-_=+[];:'",<.>/?].
It cannot contain spaces.
The password cannot be the same as any of your previous eight (8) passwords.
It cannot contain your login id.
It may not contain any of the following special characters: Asterisk (*) Comma (,) Backslash (\) Forward Slash (/).

It must not:

Be a name (your own, family members, pets, or famous people).
Be your social security number, driver's license number, passport number, or some other identification number.
Have repeating numbers, letters, or characters (111111, aaaaaa, !!!!!!).
Be a number or character combination that is next to each other on the keyboard (123456, asdfgh).
Be a dictionary word of any language.
Begin with an exclamation point (!) or question mark (?).
Have the same first three characters.

0 Kudos