Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28381 Discussions

Path setting after installation in SUSE 11.1

mecipema
Beginner
I installed intel fortran in SUSE 11.1. In normal installation, the path set is "source /opt/intel/fce/10.0.023/bin/ifortvarsh". But in my case there is no fce directory inside /opt/intel/. I can find only two directories, "Compiler and licenses". Is it because, of the lack of support for Suse 11.1 or something else. Please Help. THanks in advance
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Which version of Intel Fortran did you install and what was the .tar.gz file name? I don't think 10.0 supports SuSE 11.1.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Unless you changed the installation directory, it looks like you didn't complete the installation, or used a more recent version than you indicated. As Steve suggested, a current ifort version would bring you more in line with what we are using, even though your SuSE is newer thant the installations on which full testing has been completed. Ron's writeups posted at the top of the forum explain what's involved for installing on SuSE and other recent OS.
Supposing you installed the current version in the default location, your environment setting command would be
source /opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/069/bin/ifortvars.sh intel64
0 Kudos
mecipema
Beginner
I have installed the 11.1 Version of intel fortran. But inside the directory /opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/ ,I can find only the 064 directory. 069 is not there. Will it work if I provide 064 instead of 069 in the path
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Definitely. I gave the current version as an example, as you gave conflicting clues about which version you intended to use.
0 Kudos
mecipema
Beginner
To tim18, Sorry sir. But what is ur suggesstion on the folder 069, which is not there in my installation. Can I set the path with 064 folder
0 Kudos
Ron_Green
sure,

source /opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/064/bin/ifortvars.sh intel64
0 Kudos