Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Pointees in a DLL Under Debug

danhoyt
Beginner

Is there something additional I need to do in order to properly see pointees that are in a DLL under debug?

Ifmy POINTER statements are inmy main executable, the pointees show up fine in the debugger, but if I move the POINTERS to a DLL, they're only correct when the debugger is in the DLL code. From the main executable, the pointees are trash values.

The code still works the same, though, so I think it's just the debugger's display.

-Dan Hoyt, Senior Systems Architect, Technology Service Corp, Colorado Operations

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
There isn't anything specific you should have to do. First, please make sure you're using 9.1.037. If you are and the problem persists, send an example to Intel Premier Support. I know there have been issues with pointers in the past and it would not astonish me if there are others.
0 Kudos
danhoyt
Beginner
Thanks, Steve. I am using 9.1.037 andI have an example all ready for IPS.
0 Kudos
levicki
Valued Contributor I
they're only correct when the debugger is in the DLL code. From the main executable, the pointees are trash values.

Well it may be incorrect behavior but it is kind of logical because everything in the DLL is trash until it gets mapped by a debugger into its address space which happens on DLL code execution.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I think what he's saying is that the DLL is loaded and the pointers from the DLL are visible to the debugger but they show the wrong value. I've seen that on occasion.
0 Kudos