Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

Problem using the Intel fortran Compiler 9.0 for linux with Fedora Core 4

vpaulboncour
Beginner
I had the same problem than other with the message
IPO link: can not find "("
ifort: error: problem during multi-file optimization compilation (code 1)

and spend several days to find the solution

Thank you for the proposition to include
echo null > (
then
echo null > AS_NEEDED

This was efficient

I hope that this problem will be fixed by Intel in the future for other users of the Intel fortran Compiler 9.0

Valerie Paul-Boncour
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I'm sorry you spent several days looking for the answer. This issue is discussed elsewhere in this forum, and Intel Premier Support knows about it and could quickly help with a workaround.

This problem is caused by an incompatible change introduced in the new binutils of FC4. Please note that Fedora Core is not listed as a supported distribution. Nonetheless, we have made adjustments to our product to accomodate this change and, I think, the fix is in the newest update l_fc_c_9.0.028 which is available now.

Message Edited by Steve_Lionel on 10-28-2005 08:59 AM

0 Kudos
mhermanns
Beginner
Hi,

I have a working 9.0 intel fortran compiler (latest update .028) installed in a GNU/Debian testing system and I have a similar problem. I have a numerical simulation code (called HOMER) which I feed with different main programs/modules to solve different physics. One of the physics works perfectly, while the other one, now fails in the linking process. Instead of complaining about ( or AS_NEEDED, in my case the message is:

IPO Error: unresolved : MAIN__
Referenced in /opt/intel/fc/9.0/lib/for_main.o
/opt/intel/fc/9.0/lib/for_main.o: In function `main':
./src/libfor/for_main.c:(.text+0x39): undefined reference to `MAIN__'
make: *** [HOMER] Error 1

Any idea of how to proceed?

Thanks in advance and greetings from Spain,

Miguel
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
The message indicates that you don't have a C main() nor a Fortran main program (the one which would begin with
PROGRAM HOMER (or some such)
(or, compilation of your main program failed)
0 Kudos
mhermanns
Beginner
Hi,

I'm really sorry for the noice. My fault. I accidentally pressed a key adding a letter in an unconvenient place in the makefile, leading to a missing object file with the main program.

Sorry again,

Miguel
0 Kudos