Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28498 Discussions

Problems compiling f77-code with Intel Pro 11.0 for Linux

jmortin
Beginner
Hello!

I have some code from back in the days which I want to compile and add to a library, but I just can't get it to work. I have sweeped the internet rigorously, without getting wiser in this matter. So now I reach out to you with great hope, dear fortran friends.

In greater detail, I have 21 .f-files written for Fortran77 which I compile and add to a library, libsirf.a, with the command 'ar cr libsirf.a *.o'. The library is then updated with 'ar -t libsirf.a'. Everything seems to be alright at a first glance, but when I look closer with 'nm -a libsirf.a', I detect some undefined symbols. Symbols which I claim, in my most humble fashion, shouldn't be undefined. The files are run with 'ifort -c -O3 -lowercase -nus -I/media/Samstore/Compute/Data/SIR/src/ -module /. /media/Samstore/Compute/Data/SIR/src/*.f'. (Naturally, this is done prior to the ar commands.)

So my questions are; is Intel Fortran 11.0 fully complatible with fortran77? Is there certain flags one should be aware of?

The files in question are enclosed in this message.

Any help would be vastly appriciated.
In advance, thank you.

Jonas.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Yes, Intel Fortran fully supports Fortran 77. What is the complete and exact text of the error you get when linking?
0 Kudos
jmortin
Beginner
Yes, Intel Fortran fully supports Fortran 77. What is the complete and exact text of the error you get when linking?
Sorry I havn't replied until now, my ISP has had major problems.
Anyway, I aquired a new library, which most likely fixed the problem I had. But as usual, as a novice as myself, new problems have arisen.
I will post when the problems are more defined.

Thank you again.
Jonas.
0 Kudos