Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28381 Discussions

Profiling remotely applications on linux server from MacOS

gmadison
Beginner

Any ideas on how to profile applications on a linux server from MacOS?

Right now I am using ssh to a Dell R820 server in my garage, I can setup X11 on the server and my Mac supports X11 clients if I need to. But command line tools are fine.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ron_Green

Vtune supports remote profiling from mac client to a linux server.  But it's cumbersome as you have to have the sources and objects in both places and synchronized.  I've found it far more simple to just ssh -Y to get X11 forwarding.  Assuming you set up X11.   oneAPI does not need licensing so you could set up Vtune on the Linux server and your mac.  Vtune is in the oneAPI Basekit.  and as you know the compilers are in the oneAPI HPC Toolkit.  No reason to not load it up on both systems.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Ron_Green

Vtune supports remote profiling from mac client to a linux server.  But it's cumbersome as you have to have the sources and objects in both places and synchronized.  I've found it far more simple to just ssh -Y to get X11 forwarding.  Assuming you set up X11.   oneAPI does not need licensing so you could set up Vtune on the Linux server and your mac.  Vtune is in the oneAPI Basekit.  and as you know the compilers are in the oneAPI HPC Toolkit.  No reason to not load it up on both systems.