Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28445 Discussions

Registry error installing Parallel Studio XE

Todd_M_
Beginner

Hi, I'm having trouble installing an older copy of Parallel Studio XE 2015 on an office PC. The license file works fine, but the installer fails with an error message "could not write ism to key software\intel\PSIDEXE, error code 1603" and then rolls back the install.

Searching on the forums suggests that an older install might be the problem, but I don't think there are any! There are, however, older copies of Visual Studio present (I want to integrate with Visual Studio 2010, the latest version on that specific computer).

I also tried using the XE 2013 release, but it has the same problem. Does anyone have suggestions to help?

Thanks in advance!

Todd

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I would sometimes see this problem when some external software had modified the registry to specify additional security restrictions for registry keys. You'd have to poke around using regedit to see if that was the case.

0 Kudos
Todd_M_
Beginner

The key PSIDEXE doesn't exist according to regedit; presumably it gets created by the installer itself.

I'll keep digging.

0 Kudos
Todd_M_
Beginner

Well, I tried installing to a different PC with Visual Studio 2010 and installation worked on the first try. Still no idea why it didn't work on the other PC.

Thanks for the assistance.

Todd

0 Kudos
Todd_M_
Beginner

The original PC works now too: the problem was due to the installation of some legacy Intel components from an older version of the Fortran compiler, that I didn't realize were present.

Todd

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Ok, thanks.

0 Kudos