Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Return to 9.1 from 11.0

rre9518
Beginner

I'm using Visual Studio 2005 with Intel Visual Fortran 11.0.074 (evaluation copy). I've bult about a dozen vfproj files with 11.0 , but I'm afraid 11 is a flop. How do I back out and return to 9.1?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bmchenry
New Contributor II
I'm not any way associated with INTEL but i'm surprisedyou think 11.x it was a 'flop'.
Have you reported thetroubles you were you having with 11?
I'll defer to INTEL on the exact insturctions, but if you want toreturn to9.1, you'll have to de-install 11.0 and then reinstall 9.x. (I think you can only go back 1 version, there was a thread on that a while back).
Also, any projects you made with 11.x will not work with 9.1 (they've changed the format).
Hopefully you've retained backups of all your original projects from 9.x??

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I too am curious about the problems you encountered.

You can uninstall version 11. After doing so, I suggest looking to see if there is an "Intel Fortran" folder under your Visual Studio folder and, if so, deleting it. You can then install any older version you like (at least back to version 8.) As noted, your project files are not compatible with an older version.
0 Kudos
bmchenry
New Contributor II
A nifty thing about his newsgroup is the ability to look back at prior posts.
I looked at your prior posts and i seeyou had some issues with a console application, libc linking, and the ability to reply to posts on this forum.
What type of machine are you working on? how much memory? etc.
You probablyhave some security issues with internet explorer such that it doesn't allow participation in a newsgroup (check your IE-> Tools->Internet Options->Advanced for Browsing capabilities)
Theissues with creating console operations may be that you haven't installed the IVF 11 properly.
can you run sample runs? Do you have administrator capabilities? (the IE security makes me wonder if you are working on a company machine with limitation imposed for security reasons?)
Could your system be under-powered? (Vista is a memory hog so hope you have lots of memory).
Before you go through the process to return to 9.1, i'd suggest you give 11.0 another whirl.
You might take a look at the system requirements to be sure your system is capable.

As you might be able totell I am seriously procrastinating from a project i should be working on!
I am a proponent of moving forward with software. particulalry compilers, and working through any issues since sometime after returning to 9.1 you aregoing to probably have to make the move to 11.0 or whatever (12? 13?) and so you are only procrastinating on thepain of transition!
take it form a professional perpetual procrastinator!
OK, gotta get back to my project...
0 Kudos