Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Root key in Windows registry for Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 on 64-bit OS Windows 7

Hi,

I have installed Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 on 64-bit OS Windows 7. I am going to use Fortran and visual basic and link them to Aspen Plus but the problem is that Fortran will be installed on HKEY_CURRENT_USER and not in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and because of that Fortran cannot be linked to Aspen Plus. I have tried to reinstall it several times (tried cluster edition for students and also the free trial of professional version) but I will not get any option during the installation to install it on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE but I am pretty sure that I am able to install software on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE because I did it with visual basic. Is there anyone who have had the same problem before or can help me with this problem.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

When you install Intel

When you install Intel parallel Studio, registry keys for the product do go into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Because you're on a 64-bit system, the keys are under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Intel and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Intel\Products in particular. There's not much of interest under HKEY_CURRENT_USER. 

Are you sure you have Administrator privilege? I think Windows 7 may put some things under HKCU if you try to install without it. What keys do you find under HKCU?

Retired 12/31/2016
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you so much, Steve, for

Thank you so much, Steve, for your help.  I was able to solve the problem.

0 Kudos