Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28383 Discussions

Running ifort from powershell start-up without cmd.exe /k

BDatta
Novice

I am compiling Abaqus user subroutine using Intel oneAPI and VS Community 2019 on Window 10. Abaqus has its own command line tool and I was able to add following lines to it's target so that it recognizes ifort compiler if I call Abaqus to compile and execute an user subroutine.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler\2021.1.1\env\vars.bat" intel64 vs2019 & C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /k

If I have to do the same procedure from Window's built in command line tool, cmd, every time on I have to add following line. Otherwise it doesn't recognize ifort.

>> "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler\2021.1.1\env\vars.bat"

For powershell, I have to do to make ifort recognizable.

>> cmd.exe /k "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler\2021.1.1\env\vars.bat"
>> powershell

I am interested in making ifort recognizable on cmd and powershell (preferred) upon starting up those programs on Windows. Abaqus's own command terminal is very old and doesn't allow multiplexing. Window's new Terminal app allows multiplexing cmd and powershell and also I can easily go back to command history on powershell. That's why I would like to add ifort environment on startup to powershell. I would appreciate any help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

As this issue is more related to the Fortran compiler we are moving this issue to the Fortran compiler forum.

Please expect a response from the below forum

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Fortran-Compiler/bd-p/fortran-compiler

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos