Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.
27241 Discussions

Select CASE IVF vs CVF debugging differences

Les_Neilson
Valued Contributor II
Whendebugging in the VSIDE, and single stepping through Fortran code which has a Select CASE construct I've noticed that in CVF the debug jumps straight to the CASE option required, but IVF goes to each CASE test in turn till it finds the required option. Is this real or am I just imagining it? I have several routines which have lots of CASE options and single stepping takes a while and gives me RSI pressing F10 so many times :-)
Les
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Please send an example demonstrating this to Intel Premier Support. We'll check it out.
jim_dempsey
Beginner

Les,

I too am particularly annoyed by the select case single stepping issue. I could see the purpose of the step by step situation if the case clauses were complicated. However, this aggrivationoccures as well when the cases are all integers in sequence (e.g. from an enum).

Also, I think it is silly to be asked to submit an example for a situation as simple as this.

My 2 cents

Jim Dempsey

Les_Neilson
Valued Contributor II

Steve,

I have submitted a small project I used to replicate the problem,to premier support. Issue number 359062

Les
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
It may seem silly to you, but I have seen many cases where the user's description was not adequate to reproduce the problem. It saves everyone time and aggravation to attach an example rather than asking the support engineer to write their own.