Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28455 Discussions

Standard conformance warning and vectorization directives

Hervé_Martin
Beginner

Hi,

I always compile my code with the option /stand:f08 (I just saw there is now a /stand:15) as I like to check for standard conformance. However when using vectorization directives (such as !DIR$ ivdep) I get the following warning (with Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016.3):

warning #6477: Fortran 2008 does not allow this statement or directive.

Is there any way to disable this warning for directives, or at least locally? I can see that such directives may make the code non conforming, but completely disabling the option /stand:f08 is not right in my view, as it would prevent the compiler of showing many interesting warnings in other parts of the code. Many compiler can disable some warnings at a line/block level using pragma. Is it also possible with the Intel Fortran compiler?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
FortranFan
Honored Contributor II

Hervé Martin wrote:

Well, I know of Qdiag-disable. Unfortunately it is a file-wide (or project-wide) setting. I would prefer something allowing to disable locally the warning (like a C++ pragma)...

Well, the !DIR$ statements in your code for vectorization, etc. should lead to SPECIFIC warnings: #6477 and so forth.  So why would you not want project-wide setting to suppress those specific warnings with /Qdiag-disable: 6477, nnnn, ..?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
21 Replies
FortranFan
Honored Contributor II

Steve Lionel (Intel) wrote:

Here's what we're looking at doing for the future (submitted as issue DPD200414034):

• Issue only diagnostic 7025 for directives when standards checking is enabled and not 6477
  • Change the wording of 7025 to "Directives are not part of standard Fortran"
  • Add a /warn:[no]directives option to allow global disabling of standards warnings for directives

Steve,

Intel's plan, as described above, looks like a good approach that take into sufficient consideration almost all the points of view on this.  Thank you, I look forward to a future Intel Fortran version that includes this implementation.

0 Kudos