Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26736 Discussions

Static Link: Intel Visual Fortran 2019 + IMSL 2018

Maia__Nycholas
Beginner

I know that now IMSL is part of RogueWave, but could you please try to help me in this question below:

I wrote a simple Fortran program that use some IMSL functions.
Using  shared-linking (dynamic), I can compile, link and run my application without any errors or warnings.

Now, I want to link all IMSL dependencies statically. But, how can I do that?

Today, my current project configurations is:

1- Use IMSL shared header:

include 'link_fnl_shared.h'

In the Menu Tools -> Options -> Intel Composer XE -> Visual Fortran -> Compilers -> x64:

2- Added to Include:

C:\Program Files (x86)\RogueWave\imsl\fnl-2018.0.0\win100in170x64\include\dll

3- Added to Library:

C:\Program Files (x86)\RogueWave\imsl\fnl-2018.0.0\win100in170x64\lib

-------------------------------

Now I'm trying to change these configurations to get a fully static linked Fortran application.

What I already tried:

• Try 1:
include 'link_fnl_static.h'
unresolved external symbol __iob_func referenced in function l_open_license_file
unresolved external symbol sprintf referenced in function l_open_license_file
  • Try 2:
!DEC$ OBJCOMMENT LIB:'libiomp5md.lib'
unresolved external symbol __iob_func referenced in function l_open_license_file
unresolved external symbol sprintf referenced in function l_open_license_file
  • Try 3:
!DEC$ OBJCOMMENT LIB:'libiomp5md.lib'
!DEC$ OBJCOMMENT LIB:'libguide.lib'
cannot open file 'libguide.lib'
  • Try 4:

In the Menu Tools -> Options -> Intel Composer XE -> Visual Fortran -> Compilers -> x64:

2- Chenge the Include to de static header version:

C:\Program Files (x86)\RogueWave\imsl\fnl-2018.0.0\win100in170x64\include\static
Same erros...

How can I link my Fortran application with IMSL libraries in the static way?

My setup is:

• Windows 10 x64
  • Visual Studio 2019 Enterprise
  • Intel Visual Fortran 2019 (Parallel Studio 2019 - Cluster Edition Update 4)
  • IMSL Fortran Library 2018

Obs.: I already read the Intel article below, but I think that my linking erros are different.
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/installing-and-using-the-imsl-libraries/

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

All I can tell you is that the symbols being looked for are in the Microsoft Visual C++ run-time library. On Windows, at least, code compiled by C/C++ is sensitive to the choice of static vs. shared and debug vs. non-debug libraries (Intel Fortran code is not). If you have C/C++ code compiled against a specific set of libraries, you have no choice but to build your application against that same library set.

I will comment that "libguide.lib" is WAY obsolete and should not be referenced.

My guess is that the IMSL license-checking code, which was not present in the IMSL that Intel sold, is built against the C/C++ shared libraries, so you will need to build your Fortran project against shared run-time libraries (even though the IMSL library is static.) If you need more help, you will have to ask RogueWave support.