Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Unable to install the Fortran(x64)

xu72606
Beginner
My computer is running the fortran(IA32) on VS2008,now I want to install the fortan(X64),but it tells
"UnabletoinstalltheintegrationintoVisualStudio.Failurein"C:\\programfiles\\MicrosoftVisualStudio9\\IntelFortran\\VFPackages\\integrate.bat""c:\\programfiles\\MicrosoftVisualStudio9\\Common7\\Tools"
What's wrong with the software?
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Please uninstall Fortran, follow these instructions, and then reinstall.

2.1.1 Configure Visual Studio for 64-bit Applications

If you are using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005* or 2008 and will be developing 64-bit applications
(for the Intel 64 architecture) you may need to change the configuration of Visual Studio to add
64-bit support.

If you are using Visual Studio 2005/2008 Standard Edition or Visual Studio 2008 Shell, no
configuration is needed to build Intel 64 architecture applications. For other editions:

1. From Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs, select Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
(or 2008) > Change/Remove. The Visual Studio Maintenance Mode window will appear.
Click Next.
2. Click Add or Remove Features
3. Under Select features to install, expand Language Tools > Visual C++
4. If the box X64 Compiler and Tools is not checked, check it, then click Update. If the
box is already checked, click Cancel.

This step is not required when using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
Do you have a 64-bit version of Windows? If not, note that what you are trying (doing cross-compilation on 32-bit platform for 64-bit target) faces the requirement of having a second computer with an installed 64-bit OS to debug and/or run the programs that you compiled.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Cross compiling is possible on Windows, with VS2005 or newer. The optional X64 component of VS C++ must be installed. The 64-bit code will run only on 64-bit Windows.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I would not expect the install failure in either case - especially as the IDE integration is the same between the 32-bit and 64-bit products.

What I suggest doing is uninstall the compiler completely, delete the "Intel Fortran" folder under Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0, and then reinstall. But first, read the Fortran compiler release notes about configuring Visual Studio 2008 for 64-bit development.
0 Kudos
xu72606
Beginner
The 64-bit Windows XP is installed,I have installed the software on another computer(Window 7 home(x64)),and only thia computer has the problem~
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Please uninstall Fortran, follow these instructions, and then reinstall.

2.1.1 Configure Visual Studio for 64-bit Applications

If you are using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005* or 2008 and will be developing 64-bit applications
(for the Intel 64 architecture) you may need to change the configuration of Visual Studio to add
64-bit support.

If you are using Visual Studio 2005/2008 Standard Edition or Visual Studio 2008 Shell, no
configuration is needed to build Intel 64 architecture applications. For other editions:

1. From Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs, select Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
(or 2008) > Change/Remove. The Visual Studio Maintenance Mode window will appear.
Click Next.
2. Click Add or Remove Features
3. Under Select features to install, expand Language Tools > Visual C++
4. If the box X64 Compiler and Tools is not checked, check it, then click Update. If the
box is already checked, click Cancel.

This step is not required when using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
0 Kudos
xu72606
Beginner
Thank you for your help, when I went back to school, I will use your method to install software
0 Kudos