Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26744 Discussions

Undefined reference to _for_realloc_lhs

Lendormy__Simon
Beginner

Good Morning,

I am currently trying to compile a SDK that was handed to me, however, i am running into an issue i can't resolve.

The SDK's documentation requires the installation of Intel Fortran  Redistributable Library, parallel studioXE 2017.

When i am launching the the build, i get multiple errors "Unresolved external symbol _for_realloc_lhs".

i have seen on this forum someone who had the same problem and he was told this came from the use of a fortran compiler that was too recent, However, the SDK i am trying to build features pre-built fortran libraries, which i do not own the sources.

I would like to know if there is anything i am missing here, or if the libraries i was handled were compiled with the wrong tools.

If yes, would there be a way to download old enough fortran libraries in order to be able to work with this SDK.

Tank you in advance

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

You also asked this on Stack Overflow, and I see from your edited post there (thank you) that you're on Windows. This is the Linux/Mac forum, the Windows forum is here.

From the additional information you gave there, it seems that you are using a very old redistributable (from version 11.1) and you need to get the current one (for Windows, not Linux.)

Lendormy__Simon
Beginner

I am so sorry for the mistake i made posting on this forum. I also made another post because this one took a very long time to appear on the forum and i though i did not send it properly, please ignore it.

Finally, i can tell the problem i am having is related to the installer, i will post on the windows forum & stack overflow.

Your answers are very helpful, thanks!