Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28543 ディスカッション

Unhandled win32 exception on new x64 application with Intel 64 bit compiler?

daninraleigh
ビギナー
2,205件の閲覧回数
How can I get this to work? I am trying to create a new x64 application with the Intel 64 bit compiler? I installed "w_cprof_p_11.0.072_intel64.exe" only on this Win2k3 SP2 Standard x64 Edition server. Do I need to install the 32-bit version also? I am wanting to ensure that I can create a completely native 64-bit app for this 64-bit server. Using the sample code (please see below ) I get the following error messages while trying the build:

An Unhandled win32 exception occurred in ifort.exe[2180]

Unhandled exception at 0x77ef3bdc in ifort.exe: 0xC00000FD: Stack overflow.

Unhandled exception at 0x77ef3bd4 in ifort.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x0000000003be0f80.

I am going to Configuration Manager and choosing x64 as the "Active solution platform".

I have also gone to Platform and chose x64 as New platform and chosen different and "Win32" combinations from "Copy settings from"

[cpp]
    program Console1
    implicit none

! Variables

! Body of Console1
print *, 'Hello World' end program Console1[/cpp]
0 件の賞賛
16 返答(返信)
TimP
名誉コントリビューター III
2,205件の閲覧回数
Your operating system and compiler choice is good for your stated purpose. The required X64 components of Microsoft C++, either from Visual Studio 2005 or 2008 (plus service packs), or from the PPE version of VS2005 provided with ifort, plus VS2005 service pack. are in fact 32-bit applications, which should run automatically under WOW64 on the x64 OS, and of course generate native 64-bit program.
It seems possible that something has been corrupted during download or installation.
Steven_L_Intel1
従業員
2,205件の閲覧回数
Actually, the compiler is not a 32-bit executable, as of version 11.0. When installed on x64, the compiler is itself a 64-bit executable.

Please attach the buildlog.htm from the Debug or Release folder. In any case, I can't see how a simple "Hello world" program would get a stack overflow.
TimP
名誉コントリビューター III
2,205件の閲覧回数
Actually, the compiler is not a 32-bit executable, as of version 11.0. When installed on x64, the compiler is itself a 64-bit executable.

That's interesting news, as there must still be a 32-bit ifort executable to support cross builds from a 32-bit system, unless that option has bee dropped. The intel64 compiler for linux did change to a 64-bit executable for 11.0, but still has 32-bit library dependencies.
Steven_L_Intel1
従業員
2,205件の閲覧回数
There are actually two Intel64 executables for Windows, one a 32-bit cross-compiler and one 64-bit native. Which you get depends on the platform you install on.

daninraleigh
ビギナー
2,205件の閲覧回数

Please attach the buildlog.htm from the Debug or Release folder. In any case, I can't see how a simple "Hello world" program would get a stack overflow.

Hi Steve,
I have attached the file you asked for.

--Dan
Steven_L_Intel1
従業員
2,205件の閲覧回数
You are using the correct compiler, but strangely, though I see no error messages in the log, the link fails because the object from the compile is not there! Do you see anything else that would shed light on that?
daninraleigh
ビギナー
2,205件の閲覧回数
You are using the correct compiler, but strangely, though I see no error messages in the log, the link fails because the object from the compile is not there! Do you see anything else that would shed light on that?

yeah, I saw the error about the object not being there. So, I did a compile first, but still get the stack overflow error messages. I had a funny feeling that I'm not setting up the platform correctly in Configuration Manager.

These are my steps:

1. Build --> Configuration Manager
2. Select the Platform drop-down
3. Select
4. New Project Platform window opens
5. New Platform is populated with x64
6. Leave Copy settings from: set to Win32
7. Press Ok
8. Press Close
9. Right-click on the project in Solution Explorer
10. Receive error message

Alternatively, I have also tried

1. Build --> Configuration Manager
2. Select the Platform drop-down
3. Select
4. New Project Platform window opens
5. New Platform is populated with x64
6. Set Copy settings from: set to
7. Press Ok
8. Press Close
9. Right-click on the project in Solution Explorer
10. Receive error message

But, I don't think there is anything else I can do.

Are you sure I don't need to have the 32-bit version of the compiler installed also?

I will attach the simple sample projects so maybe you can see if anything is off.

--Dan

Steven_L_Intel1
従業員
2,205件の閲覧回数
I'm not aware that you need the 32-bit compiler installed at all. You say you get an error in step 10 - what do you do after right clicking on the project?

Your projects build fine for me... I'm concerned also about the error in Console3. Just checking - this is Windows Server 2003 and not some other Windows version?
daninraleigh
ビギナー
2,205件の閲覧回数
I'm not aware that you need the 32-bit compiler installed at all. You say you get an error in step 10 - what do you do after right clicking on the project?

Your projects build fine for me... I'm concerned also about the error in Console3. Just checking - this is Windows Server 2003 and not some other Windows version?

Oh, sorry Step 9 is that I Right-click the solution and choose "Build"

It is Windows Server 2003 Standard x64 Edition Service Pack 2
Steven_L_Intel1
従業員
2,205件の閲覧回数
Please uninstall and reinstall the compiler and see if the problem persists. I don't see anything in the log that tells me why the linker can't find the object.

If you right click on the source file and select Compile, does it compile? Is the object in the Release directory?
daninraleigh
ビギナー
2,205件の閲覧回数
Please uninstall and reinstall the compiler and see if the problem persists. I don't see anything in the log that tells me why the linker can't find the object.

If you right click on the source file and select Compile, does it compile? Is the object in the Release directory?

I uninstalled and re-installed the Fortran x64 compiler and still get the same exception. If I just try to compile the sample Hello World it gives the following error message in the BuildLog.htm:

Build Log
Build started: Project: Hello3, Configuration: Debug|x64

Output
Compiling with Intel Visual Fortran 11.0.072 [Intel 64]...
ifort /nologo /module:"x64Debug" /object:"x64Debug" /libs:static /threads /c /Qvc9 /Qlocation,link,"C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0VCbinamd64" "C:Documents and SettingsdtullisMy DocumentsVisual Studio 2008ProjectsHello3Hello3Hello3.f90"
Hello3 : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code

Hello3 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Steven_L_Intel1
従業員
2,205件の閲覧回数
Interesting. If you start a "Fortran Build Environment for Applications on Intel 64" command prompt and try to build your Hello World application, what happens?
daninraleigh
ビギナー
2,205件の閲覧回数
Interesting. If you start a "Fortran Build Environment for Applications on Intel 64" command prompt and try to build your Hello World application, what happens?

I opened the "Fortran Build Environment for Applications on Intel 64" command prompt and typed ifort, just to see if the env variables were set up, pressed enter and got the "An unhandled win32 exception occured in ifort.exe[760]." error message.
Steven_L_Intel1
従業員
2,205件の閲覧回数
That's useful to know. Open the compiler's BININTEL64 folder and rename ifort_libFNP.dll to be xifort_libFNP.dll then try running "ifort" again. This is just a guess on my part.
daninraleigh
ビギナー
2,205件の閲覧回数
That's useful to know. Open the compiler's BININTEL64 folder and rename ifort_libFNP.dll to be xifort_libFNP.dll then try running "ifort" again. This is just a guess on my part.

That was it! Thanks!
Steven_L_Intel1
従業員
2,205件の閲覧回数
Well, I'm glad that helps, but now I need to engage the developers to figure out why. That DLL is needed only for users of trial licenses, so renaming it out of the way is harmless to you.

Given where we are today - I'm going to ask that you leave it like this now. When 11.1 comes out later this month, install that and see if the issue comes back. I'm hoping it won't. If it does, would you please open an issue with Intel Premier Support and reference this forum thread? Thanks.
返信