Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Uninstall problem

changhee
Beginner
I tried to uninstall 'intel fortran compiler 8.0 for windows'
However, the menu for intel fortran compiler 8.0 has still existed on programs menu.
And, It seems that IFL 8.0 still works withvs.net 2003.
So, I ran 'Add/remove program' in control panel, but I couldn't find IFL 8.0 in the list of currently installed programs.
How can I remove IFL 8.0, perfectly ?
Is there any idea?
thanks.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Is your VS.NET installation on a different partition than the one Windows boots from? If so, there's a known problem where Intel Fortran does not install or uninstall properly. Support is developing tools to "repair" the problem and the tools should be available shortly.
0 Kudos
changhee
Beginner

Hi, steve. Thank you for your comment.

I don't know what is incorrect. I had installed VS.net and IFL8.0 on the same partition.

I've just tried to install the latest IFL 8.0( 1/14/2004 ), but I can't install it because of the following problem.

"The other version was already installed. Installation will not continue. Please use "Add/remove programs" on control panel to remove it.

{1AC80098-EC964F1F-........}"

However, I couldn't see the IFL 8.0 in the list of currently installed programs when I tried that, as I mentioned last time.

I think that the code in curly braces is for registry and that IFL 8.0 is still in registry.

Could you give me some advice ? I look forward to your comment.

Thanks

Message Edited by changhee on 01-29-2004 05:42 PM

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I think you'll have to write to support about this - they'll inform one of the install engineers who can get you back on track. I think that something didn't complete and your registry is left in an inconsistent state. This seems different from the other problem I mentioned.
There is a Microsoft tool which can be used when you are logged in as Administrator (apparently, just having administrator privs is not enough) that lets you forcibly remove the traces of an install from the registry. I don't know how to find it offhand, the install engineers will know.
0 Kudos