Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28633 Discussions

Using Fortran compiler in Visual Studio.NET

whix
Beginner
Last week I installed the Fortran compiler, not knowing you needed Visual Studio to run it. So today I installed Visual Studio after already having the Intel Fortran compiler installed. I think this is why I don't see the Fortran folder while in Visual Studio. However whenI try to uninstall the compiler, I get several error messages and it won't let me uninstall. Furthermore, when I try to just re-download the compiler, it won't let me because I haven't uninstalled the original version. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Not totally understanding the situation, surely you must either have the temporary directory for repeating the installation, or be able to run the original installation .exe to unpack it. Then, if you run the setup.exe in the unpacked installation, you ought to be able to attempt repair or remove. Did you take the step of starting up Visual Studio and opening up a new project, to get it initialized?
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
You should be able to fix this by selecting Change/Modify when you use Add or Remove Programs for Intel Visual Fortran. Then select that you want the VS.NET integration.

If you need further help, please write to Premier Support - we have experience dealing with issues such as this. Be sure to tell us exactly what version of Visual Fortran you have (the filename of the download will be fine) and also on what drive you installed Visual Studio.
0 Kudos