Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

VS 2017 Preview

JohnNichols
Valued Contributor II

I switched over to VS 2017 Preview for some C# features. Now I find that compiling my Intel Fortran programs I run into an error that it cannot find the ucrtd.lib for Windows.  I can find the lib and link it directly without trouble but I am just to quick to get the latest VS.

John

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

Do you possibly mean VS2018? VS2017 has been released for quite some time. Intel Parallel Studio doesn't yet support VS2018. I recall that there was an issue early on with VS2017 where the UCRT could not be found, but this was resolved in a later Intel update (maybe about a year ago or more.) It's simple enough to add the path to the UCRT library directory under Tools > Options > Intel Compilers > Visual Fortran > Compilers > Library Files. You might try a Reset on that page first to see if that does the trick. Don't forget to change both the Win32 and x64 options.