Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
27547 Discussions

VS2022 17.1.0 hangs when building Fortran static library

AONym
New Contributor II

Using VS2022, when I rebuild my static library from Fortran sources, the debug configuration builds without error. The release configuration hangs after compiling all the source files; the last line in the output window is "Creating library...".

This problem did not occur with VS2022 17.0.6; I am using VS2022 17.1.0.

Task Monitor shows devenv.exe using about 5% of CPU (on a 36-logical processor system).

I need to build the library; is there any workaround for this, or anything I can do to further dx what is going on?

I have created a dump file of devenv, if this will help, but it's about 6 GB. I have attached a file showing the stack and threads for devenv, interrupted by the VS2019 debugger.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor II

You have the latest update. It crashed a lot of programs including C# so I would move back one or do as I do use 2019.  

There is nothing this forum can do or Intel it is a VS problem, as it is just not Fortran.