Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28383 Discussions

VS2022 community, latest intel OneApi-The Intel(R) Librarian xilink.exe could not be found

Bulent
Novice

Hi,

A few days ago I installed VS2022 community edition and intel fortran compiler (it was before w_BaseKit_p_2022.1.2.154) I belive it was 2022.0 xxx. and w_HPCKit_p_2022.1.0.93 on my Windows 10 pro. It worked like a charm. I was able to compile.

I updated my OS to Windows 11 yesterday. And when I compiled FORTRAN code, I noticed that ALL the compile and link option on VS22 was different. Like BOOL_TRUE instead of True. fixedLenght72 instead of 72.

I uninstalled all, tried all installation combinations, including rolling back to Windows 10 and installing it again. The above problem was resolved but could not compile this time b/c (xilink.exe) could not be found.

Still, the same problem " The Intel(R) Librarian (xilink.exe) could not be found."

Please help.

PS. Currently I have Windows 11 installed since it reinstalls itself automatically even if you rollback.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bulent
Novice

I downloaded and installed previous version of basekit w_BaseKit_p_2022.1.0.116. It worked like a charm on Windows 11.

Problem solved.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the oneAPI HPC Toolkit? I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 the other day and haven't seen an issue with building Fortran code.

0 Kudos
Bulent
Novice

Steve,

Yes, several times. The latest try included uninstalling and deleting all intel components,

then  install clean VS22, install oneAPI base and oneAPI HPC Toolkit. Same issue.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Do you also have Microsoft Visual Studio's option for "C++ Desktop Applications" configured? Installing Microsoft Visual Studio* for Use with Intel® Compilers

xilink.exe should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler\latest\windows\bin\intel64 .

In VS, select Tools > Options > Intel Compilers and Libraries > IFORT Intel Fortran Classic > Compilers. In the Win32 or x64 tab, clicking on Executables should show $(IFortInstallDir)bin\Intel64 as one of the lines. If not, click Reset.

0 Kudos
Bulent
Novice

I downloaded and installed previous version of basekit w_BaseKit_p_2022.1.0.116. It worked like a charm on Windows 11.

Problem solved.

Ludwig_
Beginner

Hi. I just met the same problem, but I couldn't find where to download the previous version of base toolkit w_BaseKit_p_2022.1.0.116.  So could you leave the download address? Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Bulent
Novice

Login to you  Intel account and download the latest version.  It will give you option to access and  download previous versions, when you do so.There is webpage that explains how to do so.  Let me know the outcome. 

0 Kudos
Ludwig_
Beginner

I found the right website and the previous version of basekit works perfectly. 

https://registrationcenter.intel.com/en/products/download/4188/ 

0 Kudos
MarcioBezerra
Beginner

Hello.

It looks like the link is not working anymore. Does anybody know if there is a workaround?

Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Feng__Jesse
New Contributor I

The link works for me but for reference:

After logging into your account. Go to Dashboard -> Content -> See all content -> Software products -> Select your product -> Download options

Then everything should be self-explanatory from here.

0 Kudos