Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28477 Discussions

Version 9 compile time error with project from version 8.1

ingo_berg
Beginner
Hi,

Today I have installed Verion 9.0.019 of the Intel Fortran compiler. When compiling a project that showed no errors with Version 8.1 I get the following error message:

"Error: If dummy arg is allocatable, actual arg must be a whole array and not a section [PDATA]"

The code (simplified) that causes the error is shown below. It does a reallocation of an array storing pointers to floating point data. Could anyone point me to the problem?

Regards,
Ingo

- CODE SECTION ---------------------------------

! Type definitions necessary to understand
! the code
! The error occurs in AllocRegionPtr_(...)
!
type :: reg_type
type(fptr_type), allocatable :: pData(:)
end type

type :: fptr_type
real(DP), pointer :: ptr=>null()
end type

! The next subroutine causes the error
! at compile time
subroutine AllocRegionPtr_(a_pReg, a_aiMin, a_aiMax)

type(reg_type), pointer :: a_pReg

! irrelevant lines skipped...
! Next line causes the error
call realloc(a_pReg%pData, iAlloc+iNum)

end subroutine
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
There's not enough of the program here to tell. Please submit a complete example to Intel Premier Support and we'll be glad to look at it. In particular, the declaration of realloc is required.
0 Kudos
ingo_berg
Beginner
Hi,

I submitted this as issue 318468.

The webpage still seems to have issues when using the Firefox browser to upload attachments (it is impossible). Please tell the webmaster to investigate this issue.

Regards,
Ingo
0 Kudos
ivfuser
Beginner
I've seen similar diagnostics, starting with 9.0.019 (9.0.018 was fine in this respect.) So far, I've been able to attribute most of the messages to parts of the Fortran standard about which other compilers have conveniently allowed me to remain ignorant. I'm not sure about this one, but it might be similar.

I've been uploading attachments to Premier Support exclusively with Firefox. I've done this with every 1.0+ build, with the possible exception of 1.06 so far. I don't recall if I had to relax any security features to do so.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
1) It's a bug, but seems to be fixed in our current sources. I'll let the engineer who's working on it respond to you through Premier Support.

2) I just tested uploading a file in Premier Support through Firefox - worked fine.
0 Kudos
ingo_berg
Beginner
Hi,

I got a response from the premium support that it is a compiler bug. According to their statement it should be fixed in a new release due mid August.
0 Kudos