Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Visual Fortran compiler for Win32

mecipema
Beginner
Hai. I have downloaded and installed the trial version of Intel Visual fortran(Intel Visual Fortran for Intel 64 (for customers who have Microsoft Visual Studio* already installed) ) on my computer over MS Visual Studio 2008 as advised. Now when I am trying to build the solution I am getting a error message saying that Intel Visual Fortran for 'Win32' not installed". Please help with suggesstions
0 Kudos
3 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
If you installed only the Intel64 compiler and not the IA32 compiler, you have to select the X64 configuration before asking for a build, because you have not installed the tools to target a 32-bit OS.

If you have already done this (selected an IA32 configuration, Debug or Release), and you still get the Intel Visual Fortran for 'Win32' not installed" message, you have an installation problem that has bugged a number of people and may sometimes be remedied with a reinstallation, but one that has not been resolved satisfactorily yet.
0 Kudos
mecipema
Beginner
where should I select the X64 configuration
0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
In Visual Studio, through Build->Configuration Manager

OR

You may have a clickable box on the toolbar (usually there are two -- one to select between Release and Debug, and the other to select IA32 or X64).
0 Kudos