Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Visual Studio 2010 and IVF 11.1.051

Svein-Atle_Engeseth
Hi,
Recently I installed VS2010 Professional with Service Pack 1 on a Windows 7 64 bit operating system.
Then I tried to install IVF 11.1.051 Intel 64 bit version.
At startup I got the messages that integration with VS was impossible because of a missing SDK.
What SDK is missing and where do I get it?
Regards.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
11.1 is not compatible with VS2010. You need version 12.0 (Composer XE 2011) at a minimum. The message about the SDK is because 11.1 did not find any supported VS. If you read the release notes you can find links to the Windows SDK if you want to do command-line builds for 64-bit.

Or, and this is simpler, download the full product that includes VS2008 Shell and use that.
0 Kudos
Svein-Atle_Engeseth
Hi,
Thank you.
I think I tried the one with VS2008, but I got the message that I didn't have a valid license.
But I will give it another try.
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
...a missing SDK.
What SDK is missing and where do I get it?

It is a really confusing message. I thinkthe IVFsetup "needs" a Microsoft Platform SDK and you can get it from aMicrosoft's website.

0 Kudos
Wendy_Doerner__Intel
Valued Contributor I
As Steve mentionned the SDK is only if you want to do command line use of the compiler without a Microsoft Visual Studio product installed. The release notes do give all the details of where to download and install the SDKs.

Wendy
Intel Developer Support
0 Kudos
Svein-Atle_Engeseth
Hi Steve,

I have removed Visual Studio 2010 and done as you suggested, namely:
Download the full product that includes VS2008 Shell and use that.

When I do this I get the message that my license is not valid.
If I try to install a version without the VS 2008, my license is accepted.
Regards
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Did you try the same version of ifort 11.1 with VS2008 shell as the version you were installing previously? I have wondered what might happen when someone had a license valid for early 11.1 versions but not for those which remain available for download. I believe the earlier 11.1 versions were removed on account of incompatibilities with Windows 7.
You may need to go to the companion forum on licensing and make a private post of your license, requesting help for a suitable 11.1 version.
0 Kudos