Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28499 Discussions

Visual Studio 2013 debugger with XE 2013 SP1 Update 1

kmcc1
Beginner

Hello,

The Debugger Locals window shows only a few of the variable names.

The character variables display an asterisk in the Type column and the value is a hex value that looks like an address. In VS 2010 the same breakpoint shows a text string for the value.

Many line items have only a blue icon, no variable name.

One variable name appears, an integer, but the type displays long and the value is not correct.

This is a fortran dll project that is part of a VS solution with the main executable a C++/clr Windows Forms project.

The C++ project Debugger configuration is set to Mixed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

...kay

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

This is an issue with Visual Studio blocking the Fortran debug support from loading. I have an email from our developers telling me what C++ setting to change, but I am out of the office until Monday and don't have access to the message. I will post on Monday with the answer.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Ok, here's the scoop:

To enable the Fortran debugger features for mixed language program debugging under VS2012/2013:  open the Tools ->Options and under the Debugging ->General  properties clear the Managed C++ Compatibility Mode (it's "Use Managed Compatibility Mode" in VS2013) check box. See also http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/496274

0 Kudos
kmcc1
Beginner

This setting has no effect; I tried this a few days ago and again, today.

Any other ideas?

Thanks so much for your help.

...kay

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Can you provide an example solution (attach a ZIP) we can build and test? I tried this with a C# program and it did help, though that was with VS2012. My copy of VS2013 already had the option disabled but the C# example I had from the other thread worked there too.

0 Kudos
kmcc1
Beginner

will take a few days.

...kay

0 Kudos
Jun_Q_
Beginner

Steve,

I have one question related to XE 2013 SP1 and not sure if I can ask them in this thread or I have to open a new one.  After installing w_fcompxe_2012-sp1.1.139 to be compatible with VS 2013, I encountered the following issue:

When I debug into a function (step into the function), it crashes Visual studio and gives error R6025. If I step over, it will run through without any problem.   Have anyone reported a similar problem before and how can I resolve it?

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I am not familiar with that problem, but please start a new thread.

0 Kudos