Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26758 Discussions

Visual Studio cannot debug because <x> is not an EXE file

Luis_M_
Beginner

I am trying to port a compaq FORTRAN app to Intel v11.  No compilation error, the app runs from the cmd prompt.  There was a topic that is now closed but looked similar.  No luck.

Help would be appreciated

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Arjen_Markus
Valued Contributor III

So what is the problem?

Luis_M_
Beginner

I cannot debug the app.  I uploaded a screen capture of the message.

andrew_4619
Honored Contributor I

Do a full rebuild and post the buildlog (a html file) which will show what has happened.

Luis_M_
Beginner

I already tried but saw nothing obviously wrong. Log attached with txt extension.

Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

So it does not run under the VS IDE with either Debugging or Without Debugging?

Any possible settings under Properties > Debugging > Command that might be at play?

Luis_M_
Beginner

Nope.

I just tried a test program (same default settings) that uses the same libraries (that I suspected could give me trouble) but it works fine.  It looks like VS is choking on the size or complexity of the app.

Lorri_M_Intel
Employee

It is, quite likely, too big.

I see that you are using /libs:static.   Can you try linking against the DLL libraries instead?  That should make your executable smaller.

--Lorri