Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28381 Discussions

Where is the location of fortran compiler under macOS

SMehrp
New Contributor I

Hello, in the documentation the locaion of ifort or ifx under macOS is not mentioned:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/fortran-compiler-oneapi-dev-guide-and-reference/top/compiler-setup/use-the-command-line/invoke-the-compiler.html

After sourcing the setvars script and running ifort or ifx I get comman not found.

I can locate icc but no ifort or ifx under usr/local/bin.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Saeid,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

>>After sourcing the setvars script and running ifort or ifx I get command not found.

Could you please confirm if you have oneAPI HPC toolkit installed in your system and still getting the error even after sourcing setvars script?

Also, did you see the same error while running icc? 

If you do not have oneAPI HPC toolkit installed in your system then even if we source the setvars script we still see the error as command not found while using compilers because we get the C/C++ and fortran compilers through oneAPI HPC Toolkit only for macOS.

ifort is located under this path

/opt/intel/oneapi/compiler/2022.1.0/mac/bin/intel64

Here are the screenshots which show the same

Before installing HPC Toolkit:

VidyalathaB_Intel_0-1657702101234.png

After installing HPC Toolkit:

VidyalathaB_Intel_1-1657702135264.png

Also, we don't get ifx compiler for macOS.

Please refer to the below link for more details

"macOS is only available for the ifort compiler."

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/fortran-compiler-oneapi-dev-guide-and-reference/top/introducing-the-intel-compiler.html

Please get back to us if you still face any issues

Regards,

Vidya.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Saeid,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

>>After sourcing the setvars script and running ifort or ifx I get command not found.

Could you please confirm if you have oneAPI HPC toolkit installed in your system and still getting the error even after sourcing setvars script?

Also, did you see the same error while running icc? 

If you do not have oneAPI HPC toolkit installed in your system then even if we source the setvars script we still see the error as command not found while using compilers because we get the C/C++ and fortran compilers through oneAPI HPC Toolkit only for macOS.

ifort is located under this path

/opt/intel/oneapi/compiler/2022.1.0/mac/bin/intel64

Here are the screenshots which show the same

Before installing HPC Toolkit:

VidyalathaB_Intel_0-1657702101234.png

After installing HPC Toolkit:

VidyalathaB_Intel_1-1657702135264.png

Also, we don't get ifx compiler for macOS.

Please refer to the below link for more details

"macOS is only available for the ifort compiler."

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/fortran-compiler-oneapi-dev-guide-and-reference/top/introducing-the-intel-compiler.html

Please get back to us if you still face any issues

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
SMehrp
New Contributor I

Hello Vidya,

Thanks for your response.

I can confirm that I have installed both base and HPC toolkits a while ago so they are not the latest version (if I recall correctly it should be 2022.1).

I used icc to compile c++ projects under MacOS.

I cannot access my PC at work currently, but I will check that directory and get back to you asap.

Best regards,

Saeid

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Saeid,

>>I cannot access my PC at work currently, but I will check that directory and get back to you asap.

Yeah sure. you can get back to us at any time in case you run into any issues, we would be happy to assist you.

Here is the location of ifort in macOS screenshot for your reference

VidyalathaB_Intel_0-1658207816286.png

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
SMehrp
New Contributor I

Hello Vidya;

The Fortran compiler files were missing for me, so I installed the latest Base and HPC toolkits making sure the Fortran installation option is selected and the issue is resolved.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Saeid,

Thanks for accepting the solution.

>>the issue is resolved

Glad to know that your issue is resolved.

Please post a new question if you need any additional assistance from Intel as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Have a Nice Day!

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos