Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

Which Edition / Version / Update ?

blwiland
Beginner
I am a bit confused by the Fortran product update descriptions. There appear to be four different editions or version types:
w_fc_c
w_fc_pc
w_fcp_p
w_fce_pc
I have the standard version of IVF which I run on a basic PC with Windows XP. Which of the above nomenclatures do I choose to get the correct update?
Is there an updateto version 9 for thestandard version of IVF running under Windows XP? If not, any ideas when it will be released?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
You want w_fc_c. An announcement was sent out late yesterday about a w_fc_c_9.0.020, but the package was removed from the download area while we address an installation issue. You can wait for it to reappear, or if you have a version older than 9.0.019, download and install w_fc_c_9.0.019.

w_fce kits are for 8.1 and specifically for Intel EM64T. As of 9.0, that platform is included in the regular package. w_fc_pc is also a prefix that became obsolete as of 9.0.

w_fcp is the Professional Edition package, including IMSL. Even if you have the Professional Edition, you use the w_fc_c packages for compiler updates, as IMSL updates are less frequent.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Did people find the wording of today's announcement of w_fc_c_9.0.020 an improvement over the previous style? Did it tell you what you needed to know about whether the update was applicable to you?
0 Kudos
blwiland
Beginner
Yes, I found it to be an improvement. It seemed clear to me.
Bruce
0 Kudos
durisinm
Novice
I consider it an improvement. It was clear to me.
Mike
0 Kudos
hansr
Beginner
Really a progress.
Hans
0 Kudos
ivfuser
Beginner

sblionel wrote:
Did people find the wording of today's announcement of w_fc_c_9.0.020 an improvement over the previous style? Did it tell you what you needed to know about whether the update was applicable to you?

Yes. The new format is much better. It's so much better that I had to read it three times (which was mandatory with the old format) to realize that I only needed to read it once.

Thanks.
0 Kudos