Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Why my Fortran 8.1 is not in .Net

Dong_Zheng
Beginner
I was updating from 8.0 to 8.1. Follow the instruction, I first uninstalled Intel fortran 8.0 and then installed the new 8.1 I've just downloaded. However when I open my Visual Studio .NET again, the fortran compiler is not there anymore! I can still use ifort from the command line though.
Could anyone tell me how I could get fortran back in to the Studio .NET?
Thanks,
Dong Zheng
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
This happens if your VS.NET is not installed on the Windows boot disk.

To workaround this issue, copy the directory "Intel Fortran" from "C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio .NET 2003" to the subdirectory where VS.NET 2003 is installed on your non C: drive (e.g. "D:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio .NET 2003")

Then open a command window, go to the "Intel FortranVFPackages" (e.g. "D:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio .NET 2003Intel FortranVFPackages") directory, and register all the DLLs as shown below:

>>regsvr32 vfavwin.dll

>>regsvr32 vffortsvc.dll

>>regsvr32 vfproj.dll

>>regsvr32 vfprojconvert.dll

>>regsvr32 vftoolopt.dll

>>../../Common7/IDE/devenv /setup

Now start the VS .NET 2003, and you should see the Intel Fortran logo on the splash screen and the integration of Intel Fortran Microsoft Visual Studio* .NET 2003 IDE should now work.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
This problem will be fixed in the 8.1.021 compiler release, due soon. We're also taking steps to ensure that it does not recur.
0 Kudos
Dong_Zheng
Beginner
Thanks, Steve. This fixed the problem for now.
0 Kudos