Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

WindowsSdkDir not found

Manish_K_1
Beginner

I was using Intel Visual Fortran Compiler 11.1 with Visual Studio 2008 pro and Abaqus 6.10 to write and use subroutines in Abaqus. I had linked it properly and it was working fine before. However, today when I tried to use it after 1 month, the Intel Visual Fortran compiler command window comes with an additional message that "WindowsSdkDir not found", and my subroutines are not working anymore.

I don't know if the problem is because of this error message or something else. I searched the internet and also this forum and also reinstalled Visual Studio 2008 again, but no luck. I have attached the screenshot of command window.

The message the I get from Abaqus log file shows me that subroutine is being compiled, but there is issue with linking (at least that what I understood from message):

Abaqus JOB Bearing
Abaqus 6.10-EF2
Begin Compiling Abaqus/Standard User Subroutines
3/13/2013 6:03:18 PM
End Compiling Abaqus/Standard User Subroutines
3/13/2013 6:03:26 PM
Begin Linking Abaqus/Standard User Subroutines
3/13/2013 6:03:26 PM
ValueError: IOError: : Unknown error

Could somebody please help me with this?

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Ok, then use the path without (x86).

0 Kudos
Atefe_g_
Beginner

Thanks Steve but unfortunately I get that error yet. I want to install visual studio again.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

You can delete the line from the directories list that includes $(WindowsSDKDir) and you won't get the message. I think the message is harmless, though, if your program does build successfully.

0 Kudos